Thank you for entering the Professional Beauty Association’s Beacon Student Competition. The Beacon entry process is designed to help guide you from student to salon professional. The professional portfolio created during this process includes everything you need to “WOW” potential employers. Entries are judged on creativity, professionalism, and overall content.
Please note: all entries must be completed in ONE session; you cannot save your application and return to it later.
Before you begin, make sure you have the following items:
- Professional Resume (saved as DOC or PDF)
- Letter of Recommendation (saved as DOC or PDF)
- Portfolio Images (3 JPGs no larger than 8 MBs each)
- Professional Marketing Piece (link, PDF, OR up to 3 JPGs no larger than 8 MBs each). If submitting JPGs for your marketing piece, they should NOT be additional examples of portfolio images. Please refer to the website for explanation of entry components.
- Payment, if applicable (American Express, Discover, Master Card or Visa are accepted. Checks are only accepted from schools on behalf of their students. If you are a scholarship recipient, your payment will be waived during the payment process)
Ready to Enter?
Reminder: Your entry must be complete and submitted in one session. DO NOT use the back button on your browser while entering, doing so will delete your entry and you will have to start over. If you have completed the above checklist and are enrolled in a Professional Beauty School between September 1st, 2015 and February 25th, 2016 select "Begin Entry" below.
Congratulations on compiling your professional portfolio and making it this far; you are already headed for success!
The Beacon Team
Professional Beauty Association
800.468.2274 x 3462