Thank you for entering the Professional Beauty Association’s Beacon Student Competition. The Beacon entry process is designed to help guide you from student to salon professional. The professional portfolio created during this process includes everything you need to “WOW” potential employers. Entries are judged on creativity, professionalism, and overall content.
Please note: all entries must be completed in ONE session; you cannot save your application and return to it later.
Before you begin, make sure you have the following items, ready to submit:
- Professional Resume (saved as DOC or PDF)
- Letter of Recommendation (saved as DOC or PDF)
- Three (3) Portfolio Images (saved as JPGs, no larger than 8 MBs each)
- Professional Marketing Piece (submitted as a link, PDF, OR up to 3 JPGs no larger than 8 MBs each).
- If submitting JPGs for your marketing piece, they should NOT be additional examples of portfolio images. Please refer to the website for explanation of entry components.
- Credit / debit card - American Express, Discover, Master Card or Visa are accepted.
- School payment - Students whose schools are paying for their entries may select this option and your school will be invoiced at a later date. Only select this option if your school has agreed to pay. Nonpayment results in disqualification.
Visit probeauty.org/beacon for complete details and additional entry information. Our website has video tutorials, tips for entering and a program timeline to keep you on track to get the most out of Beacon!
To contact a PBA staff member, email email@example.com or call 800.468.2274 x 3462.
Ready to Enter?
Reminder: Your entry must be complete and submitted in one session. DO NOT use the back button on your browser while entering, doing so will delete your entry and you will have to start over. If you have completed the above checklist and are enrolled in an appropriate Professional Beauty School program between November 1st, 2016 and January 19th, 2017 select "Begin Entry" below.
Congratulations on compiling your professional portfolio and making it this far; you are already headed for success!
The Beacon Team
Professional Beauty Association
800.468.2274 x 3462